March 20th 2020 UPDATE
This week has been full of emotions all around the world. It’s no exception here. In efforts to do our part to flatten the curve and protect our community, family and friends we have temporarily closed the office to routine care. The length of the closure is unknown so we will be taking it week by week for now. Each week we will notify and reschedule families affected. If you have upcoming appointments, please keep an eye out for texts/emails/calls. We will still be treating children at risk of infection and any dental emergencies that may arise. If your child is has a dental injury or is experiencing pain, please call the office 913-685-9990. As we navigate this uncharted territory, please be patient and understanding as we work to accommodate all of our families who will be inconvenienced by this closure.
Dr Matt and the Smiles Dentistry for Kids team would like to provide some clarity on how COVID-19 will impact your visit with us. Please know that the health and safety of our patients, their families, as well as ours is always our highest priority. While we, as community, navigate this crisis here’s how we are currently approaching the crisis and what you can do to help.
1) Our staff is committed to maintaining a clean office from front to back. Our standard procedure is to wipe down and sanitize each exam room in between each patient. This practice is also standard at the front desk. We will also continuously wipe down surfaces, door handles, etc to prevent contamination.
2) We have temporarily removed all toys and video games from the waiting room. *We will still have movies playing on all TVs
3) We understand that this virus has caused people to be selective with when and where they travel outside of the house. If you have an upcoming appointment, please take all the necessary precautions to protect yourself and others. If you or your children are experiencing any symptoms, please stay home. We will get you rescheduled as soon as you are well.
4) We ask that you bring only healthy children that have scheduled appointments with our office. Minimizing the number of people coming in and out of our office will reduce potential exposures to your families as well as ours.
5) We have implemented an alternative “check-in” procedure that will allow you to stay in your car until we are ready to bring your family back to the clinic. Simply text us when you arrive and we will guide you through the rest.
To learn more about COVID-19 and what you can do to prevent the spread of COVID-19 we encourage you to visit the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 page.
If you have further questions about what we are doing or feel uncomfortable bringing your children at this time, please call us at (913) 685-9990